Pet Lover's Passion
Pet Training Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully before using our training services.
Please review this digital version of the Terms and Conditions, as the Trainer will request that you agree to and sign the paper version of this document at the beginning of your first training session. Furthermore, by using this service, you agree to these Terms and Conditions regardless of whether you sign the document or not.
Brackets indicate text to be filled out by hand.
In-Home Pet Training Terms and Conditions
File #: [ ]
This Agreement between [Client Name] of [Client Address] (hereinafter referred to as “Client”) and Heather Smith acting as agent for Pet Lover’s Passion (hereinafter referred to as “Trainer”) pertains to the following:
Pet’s (Name):[ ] Species: [Dog/Cat] Breed: [ ] Age: [ ] Color: [ ]
This Agreement is binding upon all other pets in household whether or not they are listed here.
(hereinafter referred to as “Pet”)
For good and valuable consideration, the parties agree as follows:
Training Fees and Discounts:
Hourly rate is based on mileage that Trainer must travel. Client agrees that rate may change based on where Trainer is traveling from (i.e.: Trainer moves). Pricing is as follows:
In-Home Dog Training, Pet Massage, and Pet Nutrition Education Prices:
$40 per hour for 25 miles or less from the trainer
For more than 25 miles, add $1.00 per additional mile to the hourly rate.
*If you own more than 5 dogs, add $5 per additional dog to your hourly rate.
**Pet Massage: For dogs over 90 pounds, add $5 to the hourly rate.
In-Home Cat Training Prices:
$30 per hour for 25 miles or less from the trainer
For more than 25 miles, add $1.00 per additional mile to the hourly rate.
*If you own more than 5 cats, add $3 per additional cat to your hourly rate.
____ (Trainer: initial line if Client is approved for Senior Discount of 5% ($2.00 off per hour for dog training or $1.50 off per hour for cat training)): Senior Discount is for persons aged 65 and older. Senior Discount does not apply to mileage fees in Board-and-Train or in-home training services.
____ Clients who are members of the Good Dog, Happy Life Blueprint© online program, Dog Lovers’ Membership, or Cat Lovers’ Membership offered by Pet Lover’s Passion get 5% off their hourly rate for in-home training. (Trainer: initial line if Client is a member.)
Regular hourly rate: $_____ Hourly Rate after discount(s): $_____ (Hourly rate subject to change as stated above.)
- Client agrees that fees paid to Trainer are nonrefundable and are due prior to commencement of the training session. Session prices may be calculated by the quarter-hour (15 minutes).
- In-Home Training Package Discounts (dogs only): Client may purchase a bundle of sessions all at once for a cost-effective payment option. Deluxe Package: includes a personal training plan tailored specifically to Client’s dog, downloadable instructional handouts pertinent to Pet, and 4% off the hourly rate for eight (8) 1-hour in-home training sessions. Session time length is 1 hour, unless otherwise agreed upon. Client agrees that fees paid to Trainer are nonrefundable, and package must be paid for in full before commencement of first session. All sessions must be completed within 6 months from the date of purchase of package or remaining sessions will be forfeited. If extenuating circumstances cause Client to cancel remaining package, then consideration will be given for a refund of the remaining sessions. A refund will not be issued in the case of Trainer’s death.
- Day Training definition: Trainer trains Pet for a portion of the day with or without Client being present. Day Training is performed in Client’s home. The first hour that Trainer comes in a day is full price, according to the hourly rate set by Trainer, which is based on the miles that Trainer has to travel. The second hour and beyond, as long as Trainer hasn’t left, is 10% off of the hourly rate. All hours must be in succession in order for the discounted rate to apply. Rate resets once Trainer has left that day. Massage sessions: same rates apply when scheduling multiple pets back-to-back in the same household.
- Board-and-Train rates: $75 per day for cats, $150 per day for small/medium dogs (5 to 55lbs), and $200 per day for large dogs (56 to 95lbs). Client may drop off/pick up Pet for no additional fee. Add $1.00 per mile if Trainer must pick up/drop off Pet. (Senior Discount does not apply to mileage fee.) Client agrees that fees paid to Trainer are nonrefundable and are due prior to commencement of Board-and-Train services. Half-day rates may be calculated as a reasonable cost to Client. For board-and-train purposes, a day is defined as 12 to 24 hours; a half-day would be anything less than 12 hours.
- Pet Sitting, shall the need arise, shall cost the same hourly rate as in-home training, so long as it is in the client’s home; otherwise, board-and-train rates apply.
- Client is aware that they may pay via cash or check for no additional fee, and a 3% fee will apply to payments made via credit card/online purchase of sessions.
- PLP Neighbor’s Program: if Client refers a “neighbor” (anyone living within 3 miles of Client) and they schedule their sessions back-to-back, both Client and that “neighbor” get 25% off of their hourly rate for said sessions, so long as they’re scheduled back-to-back. The PLP Neighbor’s Program discount only applies to in-home sessions, not online sessions. If either Client or “neighbor” cancels their back-to-back session, the remaining person (Client or “neighbor”) shall pay the regular hourly rate for their own session.
- Pet Lover’s Passion Rewards: For every ten (10) 30-minute sessions Client purchases, Client gets one (1) 30-minute session free. Rewards stamps cannot be earned in group classes, consultations, online courses, pet sitting, or board-and-train services. Client must subscribe to the Pet Lover’s Passion email list to reap the benefit of Pet Lover’s Passion Rewards. Rewards start accumulating starting the day Client signs up via subscribing to the email list. Client may earn a stamp on their rewards card for every referral that results in a sale (one stamp per household referred). A sale is defined as a training session; consultations do not apply. Fifteen (15) minute increments do not earn Client a stamp. The free 30-minute session expires ninety (90) days from the date Client has earned their 10th stamp. Once Client redeems their free 30-minute session, they may start again with a new rewards card, as long as Client is still subscribed to the Pet Lover’s Passion email list. Client may redeem their free 30-minute session via online or in-person. If redeeming as an in-home session, Client must schedule for a minimum of 1 hour, meaning Client must either pay for the extra 30 minutes or Client may schedule a 1.5-hour session, so long as Client gives Trainer 48 hours’ notice and it fits into Trainer’s schedule. Rewards cannot be redeemed as cash. Trainer and Trainer’s agents keep careful records and know when Client has earned and/or redeemed their free 30-minute session. Client does not need a printed rewards card to prove they have earned their reward.
SERVICES: Trainer agrees to provide private lessons for Client and Pet on a lesson-by-lesson basis, the goal being to teach Client how to train and work with Pet. These lessons will take place at Client's home. Trainer will make every reasonable effort to help Client achieve training and behavior modification goals but makes no guarantee of Pet’s performance or behavior as a result of providing professional animal behavior consultation. Client understands that he/she and members of the household must follow Trainer’s instructions without modification, work with Pet daily as recommended, and consistently reinforce training being given to Pet.
Pet Massage is another optional service that Trainer may provide upon Client’s request or upon Trainer’s recommendation if she deems it will help calm an anxious Pet or aid in Pet’s recovery of canine/feline sports. Trainer will not provide massage services to Pet if, in Trainer’s sole judgment, Pet is vicious or overly cautious of strangers.
Trainer may also recommend dietary changes or herbal remedies specific to Pet if Trainer deems it will help with Pet’s behavior, health and wellbeing. Upon Client’s request, Trainer may educate Client on raw feeding. Client understands that Trainer is not a veterinarian. It is Client’s sole responsibility to make an educated decision whether or not to utilize Trainer’s recommendations, and the results of any decision, whether desirable or harmful, are the sole liability of Client.
CANCELLATIONS: Client may postpone any of the lessons provided 24 hours’ notice is given to Trainer. Package sessions: Trainer is only obligated to give three (3) makeup lessons due to Client postponements. After the third postponement, each additional Client postponement will count as one of the remaining lessons. Additional makeup lessons can be purchased at the hourly rate stated on page one (1). Client understands and agrees that failure to give Trainer twenty-four hours’ notice of a lesson cancellation will result in Trainer counting said failure as a completed lesson.
NO-SHOWS: If Trainer arrives at agreed upon training location at scheduled time and Client is not present, Client must pay 50% of the hourly rate for said scheduled session to make up for Trainer’s travel fees and time.
Exception: if Client and Trainer have agreed upon a day training arrangement (where Client does not have to be present) prior to scheduled session, the no-show fee does not apply.
MISCELLANEOUS: The Client will be responsible for purchasing all necessary equipment that Trainer recommends for training Pet.
Client assumes all risk and responsibility associated with taking (or allowing Trainer to take) Pet to a location to train (such as a park, etc.)
Client agrees that he/she will not use Trainer’s name on official documents (including but not limited to: service dog/support animal air carrier forms, etc.) without Trainer’s express consent.
MEDIA CONSENT RELEASE: ___________ By initialing this line, Client gives Trainer express permission to record sessions, in full or in part, for use in future products of digital nature, such as online video courses or instructional how-to videos (on but not limited to: Trainer’s website petloverspassion.com, YouTube, Facebook, Odysee, or other platforms). Client understands that their voice, parts of their house, yard, or their person may appear, and Pet will appear in the video/audio recording and may end up on the internet. Trainer and/or Trainer’s agents will do their best to avoid getting Client’s face, street address, or other major identifiable information in video shots. Client may leave this line blank if he/she does not wish to participate.
___________ By initialing this line, Client gives Trainer and/or Trainer’s agents express permission to record interview-style videos (for the same uses described in the above paragraph), which include Client’s face.
LIABILITY: Media Consent: While Trainer will do everything in her power to protect Client’s identity and/or reputation, Client understands that Trainer has no control over what other people say or post on social media. Client assumes the risk and agrees that Trainer should not be held responsible for any resulting injuries, losses, damages, costs or expenses.
Pet Massage and Pet Nutrition Education: Client understands that recommendations given by Trainer related to Pet’s care, nutrition, or health does not replace the advice of a qualified veterinarian. Trainer’s recommendations may differ from the advice of a veterinarian, and ultimately, any decision made is the sole responsibility of Client. Client assumes all risk with whatever decision he/she makes, and agrees that Trainer should not be held liable for any resulting injuries, losses, damages, costs or expenses.
Board-and-Train: If Pet causes property damage or bodily injury to Trainer or Trainer’s agents, Client agrees to pay damages. Trainer will do everything in her power to ensure Pet’s security, care and safety. Client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Trainer and Trainer’s agents of any loss, illness or injury of Pet during or after the term of this Agreement.
In-Home Training, Day Training, and Board-and-Train: If Pet causes property damage, or bites or injures any animal or person (including but not limited to Trainer and Trainer’s agents), during or after the term of this Agreement, then Client agrees to pay all resulting losses and damages suffered or incurred, and to defend and indemnify Trainer and Trainer’s agents from any resulting claims, demands, lawsuits, losses, costs or expenses, including attorney fees. If Pet is injured in a fight, becomes ill, lost, stolen, missing or injured in any other manner during or after the term of this Agreement, whether Pet is under Trainer’s care or Client’s care, Client assumes the risk and agrees that Trainer and Trainer’s agents should not be held responsible for any resulting injuries, losses, damages, costs or expenses.
At Trainer's sole election, Trainer's duties hereunder shall terminate if: (a) in Trainer's sole judgment Pet is dangerous or vicious to Trainer or any other person or animal, or interferes with the training of other animals; or (b) Client breaches any term or condition of this Agreement; or (c) in Trainer's sole judgment the training environment is toxic and hazardous to Trainer’s health and safety. Upon termination in accordance with the foregoing, Trainer's duties shall terminate but all other provisions of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement is binding upon Client and all members of their household. This Agreement supersedes all prior discussions, representations, warranties and agreements of the parties, and expresses the entire agreement between Client and Trainer regarding the matters described above. The parties confirm that, except for that which is specifically written in this Agreement, no promises, representations or oral understandings have been made with regard to Pet or anything else. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Client acknowledges that Trainer has not represented, promised, guaranteed or warranted that Pet will never bite, that Pet will not be dangerous or vicious in the future, that Pet will not exhibit other behavioral problems, or that the results of the training will last for any particular amount of time. This Agreement may be amended only by a written instrument signed by both Client and Trainer.
Executed on this [#] day of [month], [year].
Client: [Print Name] Trainer: [Print Name]
Client: [signature] Trainer: [signature]
Pet Lover’s PassionSM – Where Training is Fun!©