Animal Massage Services
Dogs and cats are eligible to enjoy this service performed right in the comfort of their own home.
Massage can benefit your pet by:
- Releasing Stress
- Promoting relaxation and calming
- Increasing blood flow to vital organs
- Increasing metabolism and peristaltic (intestinal) activity
- Release of histamine (an organic nitrogenous compound involved in local immune responses as well as regulating physiological function in the gut and acting as a neurotransmitter)
- Stimulating the central nervous system and endocrine system
- Increasing emotional bond and trust with humans
- Lessening pain and pain response (limited movement, limited emotional/physical release, anxiety, fear or aggression)
- Healing a physical injury by breakdown of scar tissue and lessening of contracture
Pet Massage goes hand-in-hand with diet and exercise for a healthy lifestyle, so feel free to check out the Pet Nutrition page.
Pet Massage is a wonderful way to bond with your dog or cat. I will gladly preform the first few sessions with your pet, and then teach you how to massage so you can build that special trust between the two of you!
In 2016, I completed Animal Behavior College's Pet Massage Course. In search for more knowledge, I've recently completed Dogs Naturally Magazine's Acute Canine Herbalism Specialist Course. Herbs can have such wonderful effects on dogs, and you can opt in or out of using them during a massage session for your pet.
To learn more about me, visit the about page.
What to Expect During Your Pet's Massage Session
Animals are amazing when it comes to healing: they know just what they need! Once you make it clear to them that you want to help them, they open up and tell you where it hurts. It brings me so much joy to see an animal release their tension and worries, which is why I love massage!
If you have a fearful dog, the initial greeting may take a longer. Massage is much needed with these dogs, because it helps to build trust and ease their anxiety.
As mentioned above, animals know what they need in order to be healed. The first session will just be greetings and introduction to light massage. In the next session, I will bring calming music and some essential oils of which your pet will choose (once you see it, you will be truly amazed!).
How to Prepare for a Massage Session
Pet Lover's Passion asks that you free the environment from any major distractions, such as running kids, television, scheduled deliveries and visitors. The reason for reducing distractions is so your pet gets the most enjoyment out of their massage.
Pet Massage Prices
The base price is $30 per hour for 20 miles or less from the trainer. (Located around the State College, PA area.)
$40 per hour for 21 to 30 miles
$50 per hour for 31 to 40 miles
$60 per hour for 41 to 50 miles
For dogs over 65 pounds, add $5 to the hourly rate.
*If you are scheduling multiple pets back-to-back, you receive 50% off the next hour, so long as it is the same day and the trainer has not left your location.
$10 for 20 miles or less
$15 for 21 to 30 miles
$20 for 31 to 40 miles
$25 for 41 to 50 miles
*Massage consultations last 30 minutes.
* Please Note: Pet Lover's Passion will not provide massage services to animals who are vicious or who do not like strangers. It is advised that pet owners seek Behavior Modification training services for these animals first and, if the behavior improves, massage services can be considered.
Note: All pricing is based on the distance (in miles) that the trainer must drive to you. Trainer will name your price once she knows where you are located. All in-home training prices are based per hour. Seniors* over 65 years of age receive 5% off the hourly rate**.
*Driver's License Required in order to apply senior discount.
**Senior Discount is not available for online consultations/sessions; in-home training only.
Schedule a Massage Session for Your Pet Today
Whatever your training needs are, Pet Lover's Passion is ready to lend a helping hand!
Fill out the Contact Form to message the trainer.